Discover our Appart'Etud Nemea residences


2023: what are the moving aids for a student?


Are you a student planning to move out of your accommodation soon or move to a new region to study? There are different kinds of payments available to support you throughout your student life: from housing benefit and grants to assistance with moving house. Discover tips and how to plan your move for your studies.


Are you moving house? Here are some tips and advice for young people 

How to get organised and move cheaply are the main questions young people are asking themselves today. Above all, the key is to plan and prepare your move. Using checklist apps can also lighten your mental load, so you can concentrate on applying for the financial assistance to which you are entitled. To keep costs as low as possible, you can:

  • Get rid of the things you no longer need and move only the bare essentials
  • Find help from student groups for a fee
  • Hire a chauffeur-driven lorry via low-cost student apps


Use a special relocation scheme for students 

Whether you're a student or on a vocational training scheme (apprenticeship, sandwich course or professional training contract), you can take advantage of various schemes known as "mobility aid". 

  • Mobil-jeune assistance for under-30s on vocational training: you will receive between 10 and 100 euros a month. This offer can be combined with the APL and applies for the duration of your course. The payment lasts for 3 years. It is paid on a quarterly or half-yearly basis. 
  • Mobility aid for baccalaureate holders. If you have a grant and have to change institutions to continue your studies, you can receive 500 euros a month to help you through your university year. Applications are made on the Parcoursup platform.
  • 1,000 euro mobility grant for Master's students who change institution after obtaining their bachelor's degree. You can apply to the CROUS.