Making your student accommodation more functional
When you move into your first flat in a student residence, you'll be faced with a few practical decisions. How can you make your student flat feel like home? How do you make a small space functional? Which furniture should you choose to give you the most living space? As students, young people often live in small flats or studios. To ensure the furnishings in your student studio are as functional as possible, be sure to pay attention to details and eliminate anything you don't need. Here are some tips to help you with this essential part of student life.
Making the most of your student accommodation
When you live in student accommodation, maximising your space and creating an environment that works for both study and relaxation is essential. To achieve the best results, ask yourself a few important questions:
- What are my basic needs?
- How much space do I have?
- What is the layout of the rooms? How big or small can each item of furniture be? (Take measurements!)
- How can I make the most of the space?
- What are my priorities? What am I willing to compromise on?
- What type of lighting do I need in my student accommodation?
- Can I fit storage boxes in the living area or under the furniture?
Once you've answered all these questions, here are a few tips and tricks for maximising your space:
- Identify the essentials for living and working: a bed, a desk and a small kitchen area
- Choose a loft bed, a wall bed or a sofa bed
- Choose modular furniture, such as folding tables
- Use the walls to optimise your vertical storage space
- And, from an aesthetic point of view, choose light colours and mirrors to enlarge the space.
Student residences often offer optimised living spaces. The rooms and studios are already furnished and cleverly designed to make them functional and pleasant. If you choose to live in a furnished student residence, think carefully about the small items of furniture and accessories you'd like to bring with you, but don't go overboard! Your student accommodation already includes all the essentials.