Where to walk in Clermont-Ferrand?
Where to go in Clermont-Ferrand ?
Located in central France, in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, Clermont-Ferrand is the prefecture of Puy-de-Dôme. It's a major university town, with no fewer than 40,000 students! It also joined UNESCO's global network of learning cities in 2016. Choosing this beautiful city for your studies is a great choice. What's more, it's a lovely place to live! So take advantage of the many places you can take a stroll in Clermont-Ferrand after lessons or at weekends.
Landmarks in and around Clermont-Ferrand
Clermont-Ferrand offers a wealth of opportunities for walking and discovering the city's heritage, as well as the surrounding area.
Here are some places to discover in Clermont-Ferrand's different districts :
- The Jardin Lecoq is a public park ideal for a stroll, take time to discover the green spaces and lose a few hours just wandering.
- L'Aventure Michelin is a museum presenting the history and growth of the city's flagship company, the Michelin group. Enjoy a fun, interactive experience in your free time!
- Vulcania is a theme park located in the heart of the Auvergne volcanoes at Saint-Ours-les-Roches, some fifteen kilometres north-west of Clermont-Ferrand. This walk there is also a great opportunity to discover the surrounding countryside.
- Place de la Victoire is next to Notre-Dame de l'Assomption cathedral, in the heart of Clermont's old town. It's a beautiful spot, ideal for a stroll, a drink or a bite to eat!
Student life and nightlife in Clermont-Ferrand
If, as a student, you're looking for iconic places to go out and have fun in Clermont, here are a few ideas.
As well as the many bars, cafés and discos, you might want to try:
- One of the popular Escape Rooms in the streets of Clermont-Ferrand
- Immerse yourself in Clermont-Ferrand's virtual escape room for a virtual adventure!
- A laser tag battle
- A show at the salle Georges Guillot (concert hall, theatre)
- Indoor karting circuit on the outskirts of the city
There are plenty of walks and outings for students in Clermont-Ferrand. One thing's for sure, you won't be bored!