What is there for students to do in Montpellier?
Student life isn't just about studying, it has to include fun. Taking time to relax is just as important as studying. This is great news because Montpellier has plenty of bars and restaurants to try. Here's Nemea Appart'Etud's guide to the top 10 restaurants and bars in Montpellier, for a student life that's full of fun.
5 must-visit bars in Montpellier
With no less than 60,000 students coming to study each year, the city of Montpellier is lively. Most of the bars are located in the city centre, but that's not a problem because Montpellier has great transport links, getting around is easy. Fancy a drink? Here are some recommendations for bars in Montpellier:
- The Shakespeare Pub: for all pub lovers.
- The Tord-Boyaux: quite similar to The Shakespeare Pub with traditional decor and a great environment.
- L'Espit Chupitos: one for the more daring among you, this shots bar is a must-do for wild nights out.
- Game Tavern: this bar has a wide range of board games, so you can challenge your friends.
- The Enigma: the perfect combination of a bar and a club. Good times guaranteed.
Top 5 restaurants in Montpellier for students
As the saying goes, “Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness.” In Montpellier, there are several great restaurants to tantalise your taste buds. Whether you're looking for world cuisine or more traditional French dishes, here's our list of the best restaurants in Montpellier for students.
- Allo Saveurs: the budget oriental restaurant that everyone loves.
- Grand Slam Burger: a heart-warming burger place.
- Les Casseroles en folie: a must-visit crêperie if you want traditional pancakes.
- Empanadas Club: known for its cosy atmosphere, perfect for hanging out with friends.
- Au Mazet de Grand Meme: excellent pizza, don't miss out!
Get ready to make the most of the city, find your student accommodation in Montpellier with Nemea Appart'Etud!