BUDGET & FUNDING
5 tips for finding the best student job
Are you looking for the best student job? Whether you want to make ends meet or plan a well-deserved holiday, a student job can be very handy. Here are Nemea Appart'Etud's top 5 tips for finding the best student jobs that pay well, have good hours and are enjoyable.
The best student job is on this list
As a student, you need flexibility so you can balance your studies and going out. There are several types of jobs that you don't need to have any significant experience for. Find out how to find a student job and hopefully you can land one of the best ones from this list!
- Pet-sitter: a great one for animal lovers, pet-sitting consists of taking care of animals by taking them for walks, looking after them at home or feeding them at their owner's house. The salary might not be huge, but the job itself is simple, flexible and enjoyable.
- Private tutor: are you brilliant at maths, science or a foreign language? Put your knowledge to work as a tutor! This job is very common and if you like helping younger people then it's pretty cool. What's more, the hourly rate of pay can be very attractive.
- Barista: one of the best student jobs for dipping a toe into the working world. It might be more demanding but it's also better paid and working in a café as a barista is an interesting job. In terms of working hours, you can arrange this with your employer.
- Inventory clerk: the hours are quite variable, but often in the evening. This means it will fit in well with your course schedule. Assignments are usually ad hoc, which leaves you with time on your hands.
- Switchboard operator: the job of switchboard operator is done on an ad hoc basis at trade fairs, forums, congresses, concerts, and much more, almost every industry needs them. The principle is simple and the pay is interesting because of the time-salary factor.
In addition to this list, take a look at some other ways to finance your studies by Nemea Appart'Etud.