5 top tips for students in Lyon
Coming to study in Lyon? You'll soon discover that it's a dream city for partying 'til dawn. But places to party are not the only thing Lyon is known for. Lyon is also packed with architectural and cultural treasures and is known for its gastronomy. Here are our top tips for students!
Culture and leisure
Make the most of your student status to get cultured on the cheap! Most museums, cinemas and events venues have discounted prices for students. You can also get the Pass Culture: €300 to use on concerts, the cinema, theatre, festivals and more.
Thursday night, Friday, Saturday...
If you fancy a drink or two or dancing the night away there's tons of choice! We haven't got the space to name them all, but we're sure you'll find your way to them all during the year! Although bear in mind that partying from Monday isn't the best way to get on with your studies... It's totally your choice though.
For unforgettable nights meeting lots of new people, we recommend you head to the areas of Saint George, Fourvière or La Croix Rousse.
Freebies worth a detour
- Head up to the roof at Musée des Confluences for a 360° view
- Visit the cathedral to admire the incredible architecture
- Don't miss out o this tourist classic: check out the view from Fourvière hill
- Relax on the expansive lawns at Parc de la Tête d’Or
- Spend a rainy Sunday at Musée des Confluences: free entry with your student card
- La Nuit Européenne des Musées: stroll around the museums at night
- Les Invités de Villeurbanne: concerts and creations in public spaces
- Festival Fêtes Escale: 3 memorable days
- Fête des Lumières: light shows projected onto iconic monuments
Tips for accommodation
There's only one place you need to know: Nemea Appart'Etud's Lyon 8 residence!